It's not very often we recommend smacking something around the head to get a result, but this time we'll make an exception. By tapping these cute, supernatural looking beings on their bonces, they come to life. They have a series of different light modes that you can select (by squishing their heads):
* 'Heartbeat' makes them glow in a single colour, but their heart beats occasionally in another colour
* 'Rainbow' makes them phase gently through a whole rainbow of colours
* 'Strobe' has them flashing madly like a rave strobe
* 'Colour Dance' activates a set pattern of light changes
* 'Colour Hold' is, as it sounds a single colour glow
* 'Sleep' where after ten minutes of inactivity your character goes to 'sleep'.
But, probably best of all is 'Beat Mode', which you activate by pressing and holding the Mode button for two seconds. This activates a sound sensor in your Mood Beam, and makes his light flash on and off to noise. Sit it on a speaker and it'll go crazy, or talk to it (obviously not with anyone watching) and it will flash as you talk. Series One has proved so popular that now we are introducing the equally adorable Series Two to dot around your home. These Mood Beams make great ambient lights, and they all look charmingly daft.